Tuesday, February 21, 2012

2.21.12


Mothers Day is coming up and I have a gift. I am going to read the Book of Mormon by Mother's Day. I want to know if Mom will join me starting today! I started on the 17th!!!

Book of Mormon challenge
Highlight every time:
1) Christ's name is mentioned

2) Christ's attributes are mentioned: Faith, Hope, Charity and Love, Humility, Patience, Diligence, Obedience, Virtue, Courage, Trust, Honesty, etc.

3) Christ is quoted or his voice Ex) Thus saith the Lord...

4) Christ's Gospel: Faith, repentance, baptism, Receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end

*Read by Mother's Day

I started this on the 17th and I have not stopped reading since. At the rate I am going I will probably be done with the Book of Mormon in about 8 days. I can't put it down. I have it in my hand 24/7 and I have to force myself to eat during my meal hours because all I want to do is read the mark the Book of Mormon. (I may read it twice before mother's day but Mom you only would do it once)

The Book of Mormon is changing me. I feel the spirit's presence more and more each day. I have a different perspective on everything. I have more charity for the people I teach and meet. I can't explain in words the power that the Book of Mormon has for me.

I AM SO PUMPED!!! I'm on a spiritual high!!! I had my first Zone Conference this week and the training was on the Book of Mormon. There are a few things that I learned that will CHANGE MY LIFE, and my mission!
1) "Get out of the way of the Book of Mormon in the conversion of others" -President Palmer

2) Use the Book of Mormon to respond to every objection (In my opinion Dad that is the most important thing you can teach any one for mission prep. That everything comes back to whether or not the investigator has read and prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is true.

3) Become coverted more today than you were yesterday

4) Read the Book of Mormon with your investigator

The Book of Mormon is the most important thing that we have on the eart! It is proof that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind! It is proof that God still talks to us today through prophets and personal revelation. Because of the Book of Mormon I know that God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are 3 separate beings because it proves that Joseph Smith truly saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in the sacred grove. I know that the Priesthood authority of God is here on the Earth and that I have been baptized by that authority into the Kingdom of God. I know that with that Priesthood my family can be together forever. I know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ, all people can be saved and return to the presence of our Loving Heavenly Father and know complete joy.

And all of that comes from knowing one thing. That the Book of Mormon is true.

I really wish I could tell you all of my experiences but they are just impossible to put in words in an email.
I probably won't be sending very many letters this week only because I can't stop reading the Book of Mormon and so I'll be reading it the entire day today (P-day) rather than writing. But I will write everyone soon that I haven't already written back to!!!

P-day was switched to Tuesday today since Monday was a National Holiday and was great for Proselyting since everyone was home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment