My favorite thing about this week was going into the Primary and
speaking to the kids about times in our life where we chose the right
and they all raised their hands and told us which choice was the right
one and which one was the wrong one. It was so funny!!! All of the
little kids know us and when we walked in the yelled "ELDER WHITING
and ELDER CHAMBO!!!! haha Kids are the best thing in the world!!
My mission is just absolutely incredible!!! And just so you know don't
ever drink Alcohol or smoke cigarettes. Because they are Satan's tool
to stop you from progressing. Man it just traps people. And EVERYONE
DOES IT!!!! It kills me! We have a few investigators that are so close
to getting baptized right now but they just have a few hurdles to get
over first. I am doing everything I possibly can to help them.
Sometimes I feel like the Lord of the Vineyard (Jesus Christ) in the
parable of the Wild and tame olive branches in Jacob 5. In verse 47 He
says "But what could I have done more in my vineyard? Have I slackened
mine hand, that I have not nourished it? Nay, I have nourished it, and
I have digged about it, and I have pruned it, and I have dunged it;
and I have stretched forth mine hand almost all the day long" In other
words "But what more can I do for my investigators? Have I not taught
them everything, have I slacked in giving them all the tools and
nourishment they need? No, I have taught them all I know, I have
served them in every way that I can, I have been there every step of
the way; and I have stretched forth my hand almost all the day long."
I will continue to serve and nourish the people that I love with all
my heart here in Lewiston. I do whatever it takes to help them find
the Light that Christ has to offer. I just love being out here on a
mission. I wish I could stay here forever. As Ammon said to King
Lamoni after Lamoni asked him "if it were his desire to dwell in the
land among the Lamanites (Washington Spokane Mission) or among his
people (Gilbert, AZ; Home) I say just as Ammon "Yea, I desire to dwell
among this people for a time; yea, and perhaps until the day I die."
Alma 17:22-23
The Book of Mormon is changing me. I feel different, My prayers are
more sincere with my Heavenly Father, When I testify I feel it coming
from my heart. In the simplest way I can put it, my testimony is going
from my Head to my Heart.
Loves,
Elder Whiting
p.s. By the way the neighbors lambs had baby lambs this week!!!! They
are so cute!!! haha
No comments:
Post a Comment